June 11, 2017

Tel Aviv, the Pride Parade and the worst tan of my life

This past week I finally moved to Tel Aviv and I spent my first weekend there. This was great as the Pride Parade took place on Friday.
I ended up going to the parade with a few friends I met during the tour of Jerusalem a couple of weeks ago. It was really hot and crowded but we had a really fun time. What I found really interesting about the whole day is how different Tel Aviv is to the rest of Israel and the Parade really showed that. Tel Aviv is the most secular part of Israel, and although this does not mean that the rest of the country is just full of religious people, it does present a big contrast to a more predominantly conservative society.

Unlike other parades this was a sort of walk. Instead of watching the parade go by, everybody was just walking alongside it. The parade ended on the beach where there was a huge party with vendors, food and people dancing. It was pretty fun and it was great getting to meet people from around the world who came to Tel Aviv especially  for the parade.

After such a crazy day, I spent Saturday on the beach. It was a beautiful day and it was nice to just relax by the sea. The problem was the sun was way too intense and between the parade the day before and the beach I am not only sunburnt but I have the most uneven tan I´ve ever gotten. So as I write this with a bright red back and aloe on it trying so sooth the burn, I just hope that I return to a normal color soon.

Here are some pictures from the parade.




No comments:

Post a Comment